- Full Time
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education (www.bantwana.org) seeks a dynamic and experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded program to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), adolescent girls and young women in Lesotho. The Chief of Party is responsible for overseeing high-impact, scalable, and sustainable programming; establishing long-term, cooperative relationships with key ministries, donors, and partners; and building the competencies of local staff, networks, and organizations.
- Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial oversight, including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and management excellence
- Serve as the lead technical advisor for OVC, HIV prevention, and adolescent girl and young women service delivery
- Liaise closely with the Government of Lesotho and relevant ministries to promote harmonization and collaboration among ministries, the private sector and NGOs
- Foster an enabling policy and regulatory environment with national ministries
- Work with and build capacity of local NGOs providing health, social protection, education, and economic strengthening services to vulnerable children, adolescents and families
- Represent the project to USAID, Government of Lesotho and other key stakeholders; and
- Maintain ongoing and regular communications with the home office
- Master’s Degree or higher in international development, public health, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field.
- 10+ years of experience designing, implementing and managing large-scale projects involving multiple partners, in/for developing countries, of which at least 5 years has been spent in a senior management role.
- Experience with OVC, child protection/welfare, HIV prevention programming, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, quality improvement, or policy development.
- Excellent leadership qualities and in-depth technical and management expertise, with demonstrated international credibility as a program leader and manager.
- Experience interacting with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Management experience with a US Government cooperative agreements, grants, or contracts preferred.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online: http://www.worlded.org/WEIInternet/workforus/jobdescription.cfm?id=11410…
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
World Education is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.