- Full Time
One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the financing and training they need to grow their way out of hunger and poverty. Instead of giving handouts, we invest in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We supply a complete service bundle of seeds and fertilizer, financing, training, and market facilitation—and we deliver these services within walking distance of the 600,000+ rural farmers we serve. The Rwanda program is currently transitioning from a start-up environment to a mature operation – and we are seeking a mid-career professional with demonstrated operations management ability to help us build the team and operational systems we need to deliver impact to farmers efficiently. Our Field Operations Director will be one of the most influential people in the Rwanda program and will quickly join the organization-wide leadership group.
Why should you apply
- Impact: As the Field Operations Director, you will have full ownership over the Rwanda core program, overseeing 1,000+ field team and serving nearly 300,000 clients across 4 regions. You will be at the head of a program that generates over $40,000,000 of impact per year, all the while becoming more cost-efficient.
- Meaningful: One Acre Fund (OAF) always puts farmers first and the Field Operations Director’s job is hugely mission-driven, inspiring and meaningful.
- Career: As a key leader at One Acre Fund you will get world-class management exposure and will be connected to an international organization that has staff based across 4 continents. You will report directly into the Rwanda Deputy Country Director.
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
- Lead Strategy : Together with country leadership, you will set and steer the course for One Acre Fund Rwanda’s 5 – 15-year vision.
- Lead Transformation & Innovation : You will be the owner of Field Operations’ $6 million budget, strategically allocating resources to generate the most impact. You will be tasked with recommending efficiency plays to senior leadership and identifying areas for cost savings and program improvements. You will oversee the creation and compilation of annual and monthly budgets.
- Lead People : The Field Operations Director is at the head of a 1,000+ field team, and around 20 HQ staffers. You’ll establish and cultivate strong relationships to ensure that all staff on the Field Operations team can maximize their career performance and job satisfaction as part of the One Acre Fund family. You’ll epitomize One Acre Fund’s value of being a family of leaders by developing and maintaining processes ensuring that everyone—from the Program Managers directly reporting to you to the newest Field Officer in our program—is continually mentored, challenged, and supported by the organization.
Day to day, the Field Operations Director directly manages 3 high-level staffers:
- The Field Operations Execution Lead
- The Field Operations Program Design Lead
- The Field Operations Systems Lead
We are seeking a talented professional with solid experience in leading large teams and executing at scale. Most importantly, the successful candidate will have solid strategic thinking skills, as well as enjoy problem-solving and working in a fast-paced and high-stakes environment. In addition, a solid track record of developing talent and fostering professional growth in others is strongly desired. Other criteria:
- Mission-driven individual that can align 100% with OAF’s values in putting farmers first.
- 8+ years of professional experience – ideally with experience implementing operational efficiency measures
- Minimum 3 years direct management experience with strong examples of people development.
- Strong general management skills and ability to manage a wide range of topics across different teams.
- Strong leadership experience and ability to lead a team in setting a vision, annual strategy and goals and hold everyone accountable to it.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate individuals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Language: English required. Kinyarwanda desired.
Location : Rubengera, Rwanda
Duration : Minimum 2 year commitment