Job location: Monrovia, Liberia
Starting date: 1st of June, 2019
Vacancy closing date: 22nd of May 2019
Duration position: 3 years
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
Position type: Open for international and national candidates.
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a Programme Manager Liberia
ZOA works in Liberia since 2003. It provides support to communities that have been affected by the 14 years of civil war. It also assists communities that have been affected by other crises (e.g. Ebola). ZOAs key areas for intervention in Liberia are a) Food Security and Livelihoods (e.g. agricultural value chain development and home-grown school meals), b) Peace-building at community-level (e.g. socio-therapy) and national level (political reconciliation and Early warning / Early Response mechanisms), c) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (e.g. professionalisation of the manual drilling sector), and d) TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training).
ZOA implements its Liberia program with own staff and with national civil society organizations (hybrid implementation model). ZOA works in close cooperation with local government authorities (especially at county and district level) and with international non-government organizations (e.g. in the form of consortia). ZOA program funding comes from a wide variety of sources, including EU, SIDA, UN, Dutch
Government, and private back donors.
As Programme Manager, you are responsible for the realisation of project and programmatic goals within the organisational setting determined by internal and external preconditions for ZOA Liberia. You will be part of the Country Management team, and will balance the interests of the programme area, the country organisation as a whole and of all stakeholders involved. As Programme Manager, you will be accountable to the Country Director of ZOA Liberia.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Overall leadership and integral management responsibility of the programmes of ZOA Liberia.
Leadership and management
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within ZOA Liberia;
- Participate in country-wide programme and knowledge development;
- Member of country management team;
- Implementing and strategic partnership engagement at programme level;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility.
- Development of the Programme plan, with annual review of needs for changes, based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Annual planning for the programme area, with the corresponding annual programme area budget, as an input to the Country Strategic and Annual Plan (CSAP);
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities that were approved by donors with the corresponding project budget planning;
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting – monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realisation of activities versus budget utilisation; (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting;
- Annual review of progress towards programme objectives and outcomes;
- Initiating and maintaining effective working relations with relevant stakeholders at programme area level;
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme areas;
- Approval of expenditures and related cost allocations, on the basis of approved project and programme organisation budgets;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff, consisting of experienced project coordinators and project officers;
- Supervision and periodical evaluation of the performance of the members of the Programme Team;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures;
- In collaboration with the Manager of Operations, prepare and process the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets.
- Ensures the design and maintenance of an effective security management system at program level, in compliance with ZOA’s overall security policy and procedures, and the monitoring of compliance to that system by staff and other relevant persons for whom the PGM holds security responsibility.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years field experience in a development country;
- Management experience;
- Experience with Project Cycle Management;
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Command of operations;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Writing skills;
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Planning and organising;
- Participative leadership;
- Provides regular feedback, acknowledges success and the need for improvement.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
- Up to 1/3 of time required for travel to field locations in Liberia;
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector. The net salary for this position is approximately € 2600.- net per month (depending on your work experience and education). All taxes on the mentioned salary are for the cost of ZOA. Other benefits also include, but are not limited to, pension coverage, insurance coverage, home leave tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Nienke Maris, HR Officer, email email@example.com
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/programme-manager-liberia/.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years and one reference should be out of the HR department where your currently work.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Details at a glance
- On-site Location
- Full Time Schedule
- Master’s Degree Required
Other benefits also include, but are not limited to, pension coverage, insurance coverage, home leave tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Good spoken and written command of English.
How To Apply
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and…
NOTICE : In your job application (cover letter), please friendly mention Kaleta.co job board as your source for this vacancy.