East Africa Regional Director
Global Grassroots is seeking an East Africa Regional Director with at least 6 years of experience working in or on behalf of programs located in East Africa, perhaps having served previously as a Country Director, and who is excited by the prospect of expanding the growth of women-led programs in Rwanda and Uganda. The candidate must be passionate about spearheading women-led societal change. The successful candidate will direct our overall operations and program delivery, oversee all global partnerships, and manage a small staff in Rwanda and Uganda, working closely with our President & Founder in the US. This individual must have some previous experience or exposure working with vulnerable populations and/or individuals with PTSD, and/or have a contemplative practice. Lastly, Global Grassroots is not a top-down organization. If you believe that lasting change comes from grassroots individuals then you may be well suited to this job.
Management & Administration
- Work with and oversee Global Grassroots program staff in Uganda and Rwanda. Renew contracts, provide performance reviews, and work with headquarters in determining staffing needs.
- Direct program budgets and ensure delivery of reconciled country financial reports to headquarters, monthly.
- Oversee the delivery of all Global Grassroots programs and manage ongoing reporting to headquarters.
- Co-lead in facilitating the Academy trainings (once coached in Global Grassroots’ unique approach)
- Liaise with program leaders from partner NGOs and government entities to increase Global Grassroots influence and visibility, and foster collaboration around shared interests.
- Identify and cultivate new networks and funding partnerships within East Africa.
- Manage and routinely maintain operational needs, including financial management, information management, office needs, compliance with legal and country registration needs, policies and protocols, monitoring and evaluation, and other requirements.
- Ensure that Rwanda and Uganda monitoring & evaluation analysis is used to communicate program impact and effectiveness and also to differentiate Global Grassroots from other INGOs.
- Work closely with our staff and beneficiaries to uphold the culture and approach of Global Grassroots as a mindful and learning organization.
Strategic Support to Headquarters
- Play integral role in Global Grassroots scaling up initiatives over the next 2 years.
- Support the President and Global Grassroots board in identifying, cultivating and developing new program & grant opportunities.
- Work with Global Grassroots Fundraising & Communications Officer to provide all information and data necessary to support fundraising needs and ensure program goals are met.
- Ensure lessons learned from the field are integrated into future programs and communications.
- Provide direct strategic input to marketing and fundraising efforts related to water access and social issues affecting women and girls in post-conflict Africa.
- Stay abreast of Global Grassroots fundraising schedule and campaigns.
- Work with staff to communicate the impact of our work and share stories.
- Represent Global Grassroots at conferences, events, and functions as needed.
- Masters Degree, ideally an MBA, International Development or Non-Profit Management
- At least 6 years of overseas experience in management role with a multi-country, non-profit organization with knowledge of, and experience in, international development programs and policies in developing countries.
- Ability to travel and be in the field 6 weeks at a time.
- Preferably 3+ years of experience living and working in East Africa.
- Experience in supervising and facilitating groups, especially with respect to fostering self-sufficiency among vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work successfully on a team with diverse members and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated passion for international development supported by experience working on issues related to water access, gender, youth, trauma, and/or social entrepreneurship.
- Ability to mindfully and skillfully supervise others.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in managing monitoring and evaluating programs and financial management.
- Proven ability to think strategically with a track record of turning ideas into action.
- Ability to work independently, yet closely collaborate with staff across differing cultures and countries, including ability to organize and prioritize work for multiple team members.
- Flexibility in responding to occasional heavy, peak workloads.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent, reliable communications and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior work experience and understanding of the water, sanitation and hygiene sector, preferably in Africa.
- Prior work experience with the empowerment of vulnerable women and girls
- Exposure or practice of mindfulness or related contemplative practices.
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Kigali, Rwanda. Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Global Grassroots is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law.
We offer unique benefits including a progressive, flexible, and supportive work environment. We promote and nurture a healthy culture and support time for personal wellbeing…
How To Apply
Provide resume, cover letter and references to the attention of Josephine Nkurunziza at email@example.com by May 15, 2019. Candidates who meet our interest will be…
NOTICE : In your job application (cover letter), please friendly mention Kaleta.co job board as your source for this vacancy.