- Full Time
- Senior level
We are looking, on behalf of our client, a non-profit organization, for a Country Representative responsible for the strategic leadership and direction of the NGO in Liberia.
As Country Representative you are responsible to formulate the country strategy and the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) development, quality programme development and implementation, resource mobilization and finance, human resource management.
Also, you are expected to build a sustainable country operation.
The role requires working closely with regional and head office teams to fulfil the duties of the position. You will represent the NGO in the country at different platforms and ensure its profile and reputation with stakeholders are strong and reflect organizational value, vision and mission.
· Lead the development and implementation of high-quality country strategic plan and AOP relevant to the local context and the organizational priorities
· Lead, guide and supervise the program managers on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects to ensure the effective and efficient execution of project deliverables
· Lead and oversee the grants acquisition and management effort in the country ensuring long-term health of the portfolio and achievement of annual targets.
· Strengthen the financial sustainability of programs and operations through effective and efficient resource development effort, outstanding healthy financial ratios, and effective budget administration.
· Ensure adequate systems are in place and followed, regarding program procurements, management and maintenance of project assets, regular inventories and similar activities
· Develop brand and reputation among foreign and national governments, partners, donors and other stakeholders, and develop and maintain productive relationships and be the NGO’s representative and spokesperson to all publics, including local and international media/ audience
· Direct and manage staffing in the country while focusing on developing capabilities appropriate to the strategic and operational needs of projects/programs and also the needs of both the present and the future within the country and create ownership among local staff
· Ensure proper and transparent management of resources and reporting systems are established in the country in accordance with the policy and procedures and all regulatory requirements of the NGO, host country governments and donor’s policy
· Visit projects to encourage, advice, build relationships, evaluate and inspect the funded projects. Accordingly follow-up with the program managers on the findings of audit, risk register and monitoring report
· Drive, develop, and ensure the adaption, integration, and learning around key areas including safeguarding, gender equity and diversity, monitoring and evaluation framework, risk management registrar in place and updated regularly.
· Uphold, promote, follow and apply the Core Values and Mission of the NGO in the host country
· Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the
· safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
· Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure
· Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
· Consult with Lawyers to resolve legal issue
· Organize national and international workshop/seminar to represent the NGO and commence new initiatives
· Attend different national/ International events
· Engagement with different service providers to ensure input procurements for smooth implementation of programme activities
· Organize and participate in inter program coordination meeting like Audit review committee meeting, Country Management Team (CMT) meeting, compliance meeting
· Communicate and discuss with other civil society, organizations, (CSOS), relevant persons & bodies like Educationist, economist to find out the members for advisory committee.
· 10+ years’ experience proven programme management experience in a developing country setting
· Preferred to have experience as Country Director/equivalent role or Deputy Country Director/ equivalent role in INGOs
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
· Professional knowledge in diverse development approaches Demonstrable leadership, organizational, managerial and communication skills
· Ability to think strategically, conceptualize new ideas, digest and analyze complex information and present coherent work plan or implementation plan
· Entrepreneurial and proactive
· Possess professional attitude and diligence and able to work independently as well as work in a team
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
· Proven skills in networking and relationship building
· Strong analytical and information gathering skills
· Excellent writing and facilitation skills
· Strong communication and representational skills
· Strong administrative skills
· Cultural sensitivity
· Willingness to often travel to the project site when required
· Masters in any Discipline
· Contractual (Two years with extension based on fund availability and performance)
· Country Office, Monrovia, Liberia
· Preferably mid-June or first week of July
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, under the title: DRS ref number 10291.
Due to the high number of applications received, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.