- Full Time
Data Quality Analyst Position Description
The Data Quality Analyst (DQA) position is based in Kigali, Rwanda. Data Quality Analysts at Laterite play a hands-on role in the implementation of projects by ensuring that relevant quality control measures are in place at all key stages of a project, from research instruments coding to data collection processes to incoming data monitoring. Other responsibilities include contributing to the improvement of the current quality control processes and tools.
- Codes research instruments and reviews them to ensure internal flow and consistency.
- Cleans and further processes incoming data.
- Conducts regular quality checks on incoming data and shares feedback with project lead in the Data Team.
- Creates/adapts project specific monitoring tools.
- Trains audit enumerators on project specific monitoring tools.
- Reports on the progress of assigned tasks to Data Quality Manager.
Quality-team based responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of different data processing and monitoring tools. These tools should be efficient, effective and to the maximum extent automated.
- Works closely with other teams within Laterite to ensure quality control at the different stages of a research project cycle.
- Builds efficient internal systems for the management of Laterite’s resources and assets.
- At least 1 year of work experience in a data heavy role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and related tools/software (in particular Stata and/or R).
- Excellent oral and written communications in English (French, Kinyarwanda or Swahili a plus).
- Experience living and working in different cultural settings; time spent in sub-Sahara Africa or other developing countries strongly preferred.
Please complete the following application: https://form.myjotform.com/91153124422546 including a CV and a cover letter within the link. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.