Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Description of taskTask description
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Lead the development of the M&E Strategy for UNFPA’s KOICA-funded project in close consultation with the UNFPA Project Coordinator and the Programme team;
- Provide quality assurance of project documents through review of results frameworks in order to meet SMART criteria;
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the project’s baseline and rapid assessment studies to inform the start of the KOICA-funded project;
- Manage the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes; ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated to programme formulation;
- Support planning process, annual work plan development, monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Ensure linkage of the project’s Annual Work Plans and corresponding M&E Plans with the UNFPA Country Programme and with the donor’s Strategic Plan.
- Design and utilize data collection tools including surveys;
- Manage the creation, updating and maintaining document repositories for monitoring and evaluation;
- Prepare inputs for project reports and communications; including generation of knowledge products
- Provide technical support to the project’s implementing partners, stakeholders to take ownership of programme outcomes through participation in analysis and produce conclusions, recommendations, lessons and good practices on a regular basis;
- In collaboration with the KMCO and Project Coordinator, provide relevant training to team, national implementing partners and stakeholders in monitoring and evaluation;
- Support the project Coordinator in the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars and training events on M&E matters.
- Support liaison with the KOICA Rwanda CO on technical M&E matters.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:University degree, preferably a master’s degree in social sciences, public health, economics, business administration, project management, development planning, evaluation, statistics, demography/population studies, data analysis, or other relevant disciplines.
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- Five years of demonstrated experience in programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, ideally in the Public Health / Sexual and Reproductive Health field.
- Demonstrated experience at the national or international level in project cycle management including project design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects required.
- Experience in research, design and conduct of key studies, project evaluation and planning of large-scale assessments required.
- Practical experience (at least 3 years) in the area of results-based management (RBM), monitoring and evaluation, statistics and/or research methodologies;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems (required);
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Proficiency in Excel (required);
- Familiarity with Qualitative and Quantitative software (e.g. SPSS, Stata, etc) would be asset;
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Korean(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Monitoring and evaluation, Development programme management, Public health Driving license: No Competencies values:Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Application procedure:* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 03-06-2020