GOAT & Partners
- Full Time
GOAT & Partners (G&P) are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial Regional Operations Manager with a background in Consumer Products, Brand Merchandising or Digital Content distribution. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and building a regional ‘Head Office’ operation capable of delivering G&P Products and Services as agreed with London-based colleagues and Partner organisations. Through your local market knowledge and customer understanding, you will have a role to play in defining exactly what the winning GOAT & Partners propositions will be for your market.
Over time you will be required to build a team of functional experts across Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT and Retail. As the front-line representatives of GOAT & Partners and the “in region” team, you will be responsible for building the G&P network, establishing supply chains, managing logistics, opening up sales channels (retail and online) and growing product sales.
As well as delivering product sales and revenues, you will be required to propose and agree investment budgets with London Head Office and manage your operation to these budgets. Ultimately you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of the GOAT & Partners P&L for your region.
Key Role Responsibilities
Retail and Operations
- Conduct field analysis and map territories to expand network, new retail stores set-up or Franchise agreement (where applicable).
- Conduct market studies to collect customer feedback and generate reports on the findings for the Product and Marketing teams.
- Work with London-based experts to provide input into proposition development and help organise marketing campaigns to target the demographic present in the region.
- Review and analyse sales statistics for each retail store and provide required directions and advice on how to continue to increase sales.
- Prepare OPEX and investment budget projections and detailed cash flow analysis of the business, with P&L responsibility.
- Conduct reviews of the competitors in the given country and produce quarterly reports on their Business actions (product, pricing, marketing etc.).
- Ensure Company standards are met across Retail, Marketing and Customer Service.
- Source and negotiate commercial licensing, distribution and supply agreements. Review contracts and ensure all required adjustments are negotiated and amendments are implemented, with the aim of minimising risk while protecting the interest of the business.
- Ensure compliance with the country’s legislations and regulations.
- Assist in preparation of documentations and presentations for the local tax office
- Hiring of local business divisions: HR, Marketing, Accounting, Retail, IT.
- Tailor or draft training to the specific project/product launch. Ensure to train all staff on any new product releases.
- Provide full training on product, cross-selling techniques and ticket printing machines.
- Act as a role model and train local managers on the full scope of Managerial skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- B2C Product Sales & Marketing management, preferably in retail, merchandising or online content distribution.
- Demonstrable experience operating as a hands on, innovative leader in a high growth, complex, international operation.
- Excellent oral and written English (and ideally with French language skills)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent Project Management and analytical skills
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
- Experience working with major brands gained preferably across African countries