- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Water Supply Technical Director
LOCATION: Monrovia, Liberia
GROUP: Agriculture, Resilience and Water
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, Liberia Water Supply Activity
Winrock is seeking a qualified Water Supply Technical Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project that aims to improve access, use, and sustainability of water services in Margibi and Montserrado counties in Liberia. The Technical Director will oversee the capacity building of water suppliers, WASH engineers, and NGOs in the WASH sector as well as provide technical oversight to water supply infrastructure improvements, reporting to the Activity’s Chief of Party. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Diagnose key systems challenges affecting water service delivery and access, identify capacity gaps across the broad range of water market actors, particularly water supply operators and facilitate the design and implementation of capacity building plans.
- Work with Chief of Party to establish service standards for water utilities in both counties.
- Develop training materials for water supply operators to improve their planning, budgeting, and implementation of construction and water supply activities.
- Design, test and scale market-led and customer-responsive mechanisms for improved water service delivery.
- Identify and foster partnerships with local government agencies, private sector firms and service providers, and communities to develop consensus and accountability around service standards for water utilities.
- Ensure community members are active participants in water supply planning and service delivery
- Oversee the expansion, renovation, and/or construction of water points.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party to oversee the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Understand and manage to expected project results, including evaluation of ongoing activities as part of a collaborating, learning, and adapting approach.
- Work across teams to ensure women, youth, and vulnerable groups are integrated into our office’s operations and the project’s activities.
- Collaborate with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager to ensure results and lessons learned are effectively captured.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in environmental engineering, civil engineering, water resources management, natural resource management, or a similar relevant field (a bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years’ experience may be substituted).
- At least 10 years of technical leadership experience in issues related to a mix of WASH, sustainable water management, and capacity building in Liberia.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining strong relationships with government ministries and the ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with senior officials.
- Experience managing complex donor funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Proven ability to manage diverse and remote workforce. Experience integrating Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) into water security and livelihoods programming.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD preferred.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply
Apply via Winrock’s website: https://grnh.se/57094b152us