Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded drinking water program in Liberia. The purpose of the Improving Access to Safe Drinking Water Activity will be to sustainably eliminate the use of surface water and unimproved water sources in Montserrado and Margibi, moving Liberians to at least a basic level of water service by addressing key systems challenges affecting water service delivery. The Activity will emphasize governance, innovative public and private financing, service delivery and demand creation for improved water services.
Responsibilities: The Chief of Party (COP) will provide leadership, management and general technical direction for the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different technical components and actors, and achieving results. This individual will be expected to identify potential risks to successful Activity implementation and recommend and implement appropriate adjustments.
The COP will hold primary responsibility for contract management and technical implementation. They will be the primary liaison with USAID, the Government of Liberia, and the Liberia Water and Sewer Corporation on technical and administrative matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID’s technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for management of the in-country team and ensuring quality control and the responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Monrovia, Liberia.
* Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. civil engineer, economics) with at least 15 years of experience;
* At least five years of demonstrated experience in senior program management roles, including the direct supervision of professional and support staff and direct engagement of high-level government counterparts;
* At least seven years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of U.S. Government-funded projects, ideally including West Africa experience;
* Broad-based experience managing large water sector programs, with deeper experience in some or all of the following areas: water sector governance, regulation and accountability systems, water utility management including strategic planning, infrastructure funding, and technical issues such as contaminated water sources, customer service orientation and engagement and equitable access.
* Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate vision to partners and colleagues;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Experience in the development and management of programs within a context of multiple donor-funded programs; and
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with staff, donors, civil society organizations, private sector players, and host country government counterparts.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/COPLiberia
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.