- Full Time
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants. Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS). Duties
– Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
– Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
– Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
– Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
– Maintain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
– Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
– Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
– Verify that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Accounting, Business Administration, Finance
Relevant Job Experience
High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft).
Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures.
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
FI-PeopleSoft Financial Management
UN-UN/UNHCR Financial Rules and Regulations and Procedures
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Competencies as defined in Job Profile Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
======================================================================================================== Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Finance Associate is normally supervised by a more senior finance colleague who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues.
The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent may supervise some support staff.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity. Closing date for submissions or applications is 03 September 2021