Call for Expressions of Interest
End-term evaluation of the project ‘Integrating School Health- deworming and eye health in Liberia’
Sightsavers is looking for external evaluators to undertake an end-term evaluation of the project “Integrating School Health- deworming and eye health in Liberia”. The project has been implemented in four counties in Liberia (Bong, Sinoe, Grand Kru and Maryland) since October 2018 and donor funding will come to an end in February 2022. The project budget is approximately $2m, funded by Dubai Cares.
The overall goal of the project is to contribute to the health outcomes of school-age children in Liberia in regard to refractive error and deworming, through development and implementation of integrated school screening programmes. The project aims to strengthen the overall eye health system within Liberia, through the training of human resources and the connection with the education system. A particular focus is placed on ensuring that the primary project participants (school age girls and boys) are reached in equal numbers, with specific methodologies to address the current gap in enrolment between genders.
Purpose of Evaluation
The end of term evaluation will review the achievements of the project against its objectives and explore the key successes and challenges the project has encountered. It will also review the project’s Theory of Change, and document key recommendations and learnings that can be taken forward to inform future project design and delivery. To this end, the evaluation will:
· Review the project in the areas of Relevance, Coherence, Effectiveness, Efficiency, Impact and Sustainability, incorporating a gender lens.
· Review what evidence has been generated by the project and determine its robustness.
· Aim to engage project participants by consulting with the service users on their experiences. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is currently unclear what format this will take, however preferably it will include face to face interaction with service users in their communities.
§ October- November 2021: Selection of Consultant(s)
§ January 2021: Inception Report
§ January 2021: Primary Data Collection
§ April 2022: Draft Evaluation Report
§ May 2022: Final Evaluation Report
§ May 2021: Dissemination
Profile of the consultant
Sightsavers is looking for qualified consultant(s) with the following core competencies:
· Knowledge/understanding of relevant public health project/programme approaches.
· Thematic expertise in public health with comprehensive understanding of preferred practices/policy issues at global and national levels.
· Extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation for public health project/programmes (eye health and/or NTDs preferred), with strong skills in both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
· Experience designing and facilitating multi-stakeholder workshops and/or theory of change reviews.
· Experience of project and/or M&E work involving children would be an advantage.
· Prior experience working in the West African region, including data collection experience.
· Consultants based in Liberia or in the West Africa region would be preferred.
· Ability to produce concise, readable and analytical reports.
· Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Relevant local language skills would be an advantage.
How to apply
To express your interest to undertake this assignment, please read the full ToR and complete and return our Expression of Interest (EoI) Form which can be found via the application link.
Please be sure to attached your completed EOI form, CV/s, or any other supporting documents to your application.
This should include roles and responsibilities of the consultants and number of days input, as well as a proposed workplan and indicative budget, including team members’ daily rates for the assignment and any other anticipated expenses and applicable taxes.
Closing Date: 23:59 (UK time), Sunday 10th October 2021
Interviews are likely to be held in the week commencing 18th October 2021
Please note that due to the high volume of applications anticipated it is possible that only successful applicants will be contacted.
 TBC, criteria under review.
How to apply
Please apply here