Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Local Development Lead on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Liberia. The Activity aims to strengthen the social contract with the Government of Liberia through decentralized governance and improved service delivery in select counties.
It will be narrowly focused on four components:
1) Quality services delivered at the local level;
2) Inclusive local development improved;
3) Domestic resource mobilization improved; and
4) Budget transparency improved.
This position will be full-time and based in Liberia.
The Local Development Lead will provide technical leadership for all activities under component 2: inclusive local development improved. S/he will enhance local capacity for planning and budgeting; establish systems for local government financing; and increase citizen engagement in local government.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in management and international development or a related field.
* At least seven (7) years of demonstrated technical expertise, with substantial developing country context experience, in local government finance and budgeting.
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated technical expertise establishing in managing local governance activities and capacity building.
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated technical expertise in inclusive local planning.
* At least two (2) years of demonstrated technical expertise in community organizing.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; ; fluency in local languages preferred.
* Liberian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/LocalDevLGGA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.