- Full Time
The Luminos Fund, an international non-profit bringing education opportunities to the world’s most vulnerable children, is looking for an experienced and dynamic Data and Finance Officer to contribute to its rapid growth and expansion. The Data and Finance Officer will support the day-to-day data management and financial operations for the Luminos Fund Liberia office.
This full-time position will be based in the Luminos Fund Liberia office in Monrovia and will report to the Country Manager, Liberia.
ABOUT THE LUMINOS FUND
The Luminos Fund (www.luminosfund.org) believes that no child should be denied the chance to learn. Launched in 2016, Luminos is scaling up Second Chance: a catch-up education program that enables children who have been kept out of school by crisis or poverty to catch up to grade level and return to learning – all in 10 months. A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, we operate programs in Ethiopia, Ghana, Lebanon, Liberia, and The Gambia. To date, we have helped over 152,000 children secure a second chance to learn.
As school reopens across the globe following the COVID-19 pandemic, Luminos is rising to meet the moment – launching new country programs and developing new ways of delivering at scale. With up to 24 million additional children expected not to return to school in the aftermath of COVID-19, our mission is more important than ever.
Luminos is supported by premier philanthropic organizations, including Cartier Philanthropy, Dubai Cares, Legatum, and UBS Optimus Foundation. Luminos has been recognized for its achievements globally, receiving the Library of Congress International Literacy Award, the Lipman Family Prize, the WISE Award, and the HundrED Global Innovation Award for the last five years.
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Management & Analysis:
- Collaborate with the Luminos program team and partner organizations to drive smooth data collection and ensure data integrity.
- Execute data cleaning and processing.
- Maintain the Luminos Liberia data dashboard to support efficient program management.
- Analyze program-related data to drive for results and support effective and transparent governance of the organization.
- In conjunction with the Communications Team, extract impact narratives from the data which are of interest to governments and funding partners.
- Benchmark Luminos program data against other international standards to identify areas of improvement and refinement.
- Support the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the Luminos Fund Liberia office, including banking and payroll functions, tax withholdings, audits, and all applicable tax filings.
- Support the development and monitoring of the annual budget for the Luminos Fund Liberia office, and budget for implementing partners.
- Support the Liberia Programs team in financial reporting processes, including preparing and reviewing budget compared to actuals for different programming activities.
- Review expenditure documentation for staff and implementing partners.
- Support capacity building on financial management and reporting for implementing partners.
- Support the annual financial audits and grant audits.
- Support the legal, HR, IT, and financial compliance, including registration, accreditation, and tax compliance.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of new staff members.
- In consultation with the senior leadership, review and revise Luminos Fund Liberia’s organizational policies on an annual basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date document repository for organization documents including grant agreements, internal policies and procedures, and other operational records.
- Manage effective daily office operations, including IT support and office maintenance.
- Support the procurement processes and ensure they are in compliance with Luminos Fund Liberia’s policies and donor regulations.
- Support with vendor management.
- Support other administrative duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Accounting, Public Administration, or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Quantitative coursework required.
- Proficient in data cleaning and analysis with advanced skills in Excel and other data management and analysis tools.
- 3+ years’ experience in a corporate or non-profit setting.
- Experience reporting on multiple grants, including restricted funding.
- Advanced skills and experience in QuickBooks, MS Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Committed to learning the details of non-profit accounting.
- Experience in a startup environment, and building something from nothing, is strongly desired.
- Belief and demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of the Luminos Fund.
- Impeccable integrity and a can-do attitude.
- Patience to preserve in difficult situations.
- Natural curiosity and hunger for continuous learning.
- Innate sense of responsibility for delivery of quality work, even in adverse circumstance.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in challenging international contexts, as required.
- Experience working with diverse constituents, teams, and colleagues.
- International experience working in low-income countries preferred.
- Readiness to problem solve creatively on a myriad of fronts, often outside regular business hours.
- Natural affinity for technology and a love of data.
- Belief that success lies in the details.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to https://the-luminos-fund.breezy.hr/p/b96f3b56684a-data-and-finance-officer-liberia.
The Luminos Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.