Championing Play Project Assistant
About the Role:
The Project Assistant will be responsible for providing direct follow up of the Championing Play project implementation with the partner in Kirehe District. an initiative funded by the LEGO Foundation to encourage the use of Play by caregivers in the Kirehe district, to support children’s development. This involves effectively and efficiently planning the project approach and ensuring that the timeline and deliverables are respected and achieved; sharing information with and gathering inputs and learning from relevant stakeholders; overseeing the work of partner organisation, Umuhuza, and providing mentoring as relevant; directly supporting the delivery of selected activities; drafting project reports for submission to the donor, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, or related fields
- 2 + years work experience in a similar role within an international setting
- Knowledge and field experience on ECD
- Highly developed relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Developed verbal and communication skills, including fluency in English
- Willingness to play with children, and ability to develop play materials for children
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people, stakeholders and customers
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High levels of attention to detail and quality
- Computer literacy (including advanced excel skills)
- Ability to travel between Kirehe and Kigali
- Initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently as well as in a team
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative
- High levels of confidentially and integrity
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in ECD, Education or Child Protection
- Familiar with play-based approaches in learning
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 7th June 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zODc2My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20