Action Contre la Faim France
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Action Contre La Faim ACF) has been operational since 2010 in Northeast and has been able to successfully implement integrated programs in Nutrition, Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) and Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Further the mission has expanded its programs in the wake of conflict in Borno state since 2017 , focusing on long term sustainable programs focused on system strengthening for Health, WASH, Social Protection, and Agriculture sectors. The mission is currently in the process to launch response in the Northwest Nigeria. In 2018, ACF launched the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) in Nigeria in an effort to address the urgent humanitarian assistance to the displaced populations in Northern Nigeria. With this Approach ACF is among the lead agency that is currently reaching the NE & NW regions with Rapid Humanitarian assistance for to the conflict and other disaster affected population. Currently, ACF is providing an integrated humanitarian response in Yobe State, Borno, Bauchi and Jigawa with partial presence in Kano. Despite the remarkable achievements in humanitarian sector, ACF, as other humanitarian actors, has been continuously affected by the shrinking humanitarian space.
The Nigeria mission is having over 320 staff which includes both national and international staff spread across various locations. The finance department supports over 10 projects across the mission.
Under the supervision of the deputy country director, you will be in charge of ensuring sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislation. More specifically, you will be in charge of:
– Contributing to the definition of mission strategy
– Ensuring high quality accounting for the mission
– Ensuring high quality cash management for the mission
– Providing financial and budgetary management
– Promoting and ensuring financial collaboration and coordination with mission partners
– Preventing and managing fraud and corruption
– Managing the Finance team in capital and be Technical/Support Manager of Finance Managers in the bases: 27 people in different positions (Deputy Head of Finance Department, Capital Accountany, Finance Specialist, Finance Manager, Finance Officers, Finance and Admin Officers, Finance Assistants, and Finance Assistants)
You hold an advanced Degree in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 5 years experience and at least three years in a managerial role;
A relevant professional membership (ACCA, ICAN) is an added advantage; You are recognized for your exceptional organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail; You are able to lead and manage a large team across various locations;
You are very confident with Excel and excellent communication skills with the capacity to write quality reports; Strong analytical and reporting skills; Experience in budget and risk management; Experience with SAGA accounting system preferably; Knowledge of international donor requirements; Experience with accounting systems; knowledge of SAGA would be a plus; Knowledge of AAH financial management framework preferably.
Fluency in English is required.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450EUR to 3800EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: $426 + $304 net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
– ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here