- Full Time
Self-Help is hiring a dedicated Communications Manager to join our team. The Manager will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. This role reports directly to the Country Director.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Communications Manager shall include but not limited to:
- Collaborates with Development team to articulate program goals and achievements for formulation of annual reports, donor updates and solicitation materials, and engages with key donors to share relevant program updates in the form of written, oral or multimedia reports, phone calls, and virtual or in-person meetings for stewardship and cultivation
- Represents SHI externally as the public relations person in collaboration with the Country Director, including responding to inquiries, arranging interviews, and speaking on behalf of the organization to further programmatic goals.
- Intentionally secure consent from clients to share information and imagery
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with research and social development journals, and maintain a media database. o Collaborate with Program Coordinators to edit or refine content regarding findings of SHI’s practical experiential research and distribute the same to interested parties to benefit others working in similar spaces o Organize master copies of media shared externally in Dropbox, including both written documents and photos/videos
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics. o Document the placement of stories in external sources and engage with comments sections
- Share any feedback received from external story placement with relevant staff members for further action when appropriate
- Participate in Team Leaders and Management meetings and take notes on action items and key decisions and circulate the same to meeting participants.
- Coordinates activities of and develops appropriate work plans for international trips by staff, board members, skilled volunteers, donors and interns in collaboration with Country Director to achieve organizational goals in advance of group or individual’s arrival, communicates and coordinates plans with US office, and supports the person or team during their time in Ghana including their accommodation, meals, travels and interactions with clients, staff and collaborators
- Maintain a key working relationship with the Director of Development
- Submit written reports monthly to the Country Director and Development Director
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of modern publishing software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Publisher a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems
- Familiar with written communications for donor audiences and international communities, particularly a US-based audience
- Familiar with the customs and traditions of the people of the Ashanti and Upper West regions of Ghana.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, good working knowledge in Twi and Dagaare
- Must understand and appreciate the importance of sustainable community development and have a strong personal commitment to the mission of Self-Help International: to alleviate hunger by helping people help themselves.
The Communications Manager will be based in Kumasi, Ghana and work closely with staff and clients in the Ashanti and Upper West Regions. Travel within Ghana, particularly to the Upper West Region, is expected quarterly. Applicants must have work permissions in Ghana.
Interested applicants are to submit their cover letters and CVs to the Country Director via email at email@example.com before 1st August, 2022. Email subject line…