International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Delivering quality in programmes and operations
- Support the assessments, and implementation of CBS in CP3 countries in line with workplans.
- Support the ongoing development of community-based surveillance tools and guidance in collaboration with relevant IFRC divisions and partner National Societies.
- Coordinate in the Region for a consistent and cohesive RC/RC approach to CBS, using standardised tools and materials and specialised CBS data management systems.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for community-based surveillance and early action related to community epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response.
- Build capacity of IFRC Africa Region to set up and manage CBS systems and provide technical guidance to National Societies for CBS trainings and subsequent implementation.
- Support IFRC Africa Region to build National Society capacity to develop context relevant CBS structures, use and manage analytic tools for CBS – including data management, analysis, and visualization of CBS data.
Coordination and collaboration
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency and internal coordination meetings related to CBS.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of CBS for reporting, lessons learning and sharing, evidence generation and dissemination, and communications.
- Prepare key program/project reports for donors and other partners to keep them informed of program progress.
- Contribute to reports, presentations, publications and media communications on CBS.
- Support program accountability
- Support NS in using CBS data for decision-making and programme quality improvement
Contribute to an accountable and agile IFRC Health team
- Provide regular progress reports on results towards objectives and risk analysis.
- Producing and analysing reports for management, donors and partners.
- Be flexible in the work definition according to needs and targets and improve team efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources.
- Cultivate a co-creative environment with colleagues and an open and co-operative view of the actors in the external environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates can submit their applications using this link; https://www.ifrc.org/jobs/details.html?jobId=107366&jobTitle=Delegate%2C%20Community%20Based%20Surveillance