Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Director of Finance and Operations, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations for an upcoming youth activity in Ghana funded by USAID. The program will improve the socioeconomic status of youth in northern Ghana through youth-led and youth-serving organizations, among others, to generate cross-sectoral, positive youth development outcomes, allowing them to make better life decisions and influence policy. The program will give special attention to the needs of girls, the disabled, and other disadvantaged groups.
The Director of Finance and Operations will provide leadership and direction to the finance and operations team with close oversight of the project’s finances, including financial analysis and accounting management. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position is based in Tamale, Ghana.
- Develop and oversee all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls, adapting them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
- Establish efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance, and risk management
- Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes
- Oversee annual financial audits of the program and ensure that subgrantees comply with all audit and financial review requirements
- Prepare and execute action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations and to mitigate operational and compliance risks
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
- Ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year
- Comply with all USAID rules and regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance and administration
- Manage cash disbursement and petty cash account
- Track USAID approvals for travel, hiring, and equipment procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related field is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field including 5 years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international donor programs’ rules and regulations related to procurement and finance is required.
- Experience working with local organizations in northern Ghana a plus.
- Fluency in English required.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at Work With Us : ACDI/VOCA : Director of Finance and Operations, Ghana in Tamale | Careers at Ghana (icims.com). The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.