The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Antananarivo, Madagscar.
The overall goal of Welthungerhilfe’ programme in Madagascar is to assure the right to food, improve the resilience of the most vulnerable rural population in the South-East and to preserve the unique environment of the intervention zone through support in three thematic areas “Rural development”, “Sustainable Food & Nutrition Security” and “Emergency Assistance and Disaster Risk Reduction”. As Head of Programmes you will work on the development of the multiannual country programme under the supervision of the Country Director and contribute to its implementation and monitoring in order to maximise Welthungerhilfe’s impact on the basis of Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards. In addition, you will represent Welthungerhilfe in the country in agreement with the Country Director.
- Monitoring the implementation of projects and programmes according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards, including the setup of an effective and participatory M&E system, and supervision of the use of funds and financial requirements
- Supporting the Country Director in developing a needs-based and impact oriented country programme and annual planning
- Identification of co-financing opportunities and negotiations with donors in agreement with the Country Director and Head Office
- Identification of new partners and advise partner organisations on organisational and conceptual matters and identify capacity building measures
- Ensuring reporting occurs correctly and in due time (status and financial reports) to Head Office and to donors
- Coordinating the preparation of internal project documents and ensuring the preparation of cost and financing plans
- Establish monitoring systems for trend and demand analysis together with partners
- Supporting the preparation of preparedness and emergency plans
- Prepare and provide information about projects and programmes, project holders and countries for internal and external purposes
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organisations
- A university or ploytechnic degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience working in the global South
- Experience in project management and working in cooperation with national partner organizations, preferably in humanitarian contexts
- Broad intercultural competence
- Ability to cope in a tropical climate
- Ability to cooperate and work in a team
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written English, French and German language skills will be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 16, 2022 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.