1. Support the development of annual and quarterly state work plans for EPI (vaccine security, logistics, and service delivery) to ensure conformity with a comprehensive multi-Year plan (CMYP)/Nigerian Strategy for Immunization and Primary Health Care System Strengthening (NSIPPSS) and State Logistics Working Groups (SLWG) work plans.
2. Support the implementation of State work plans for EPI (vaccine security, logistics, and service delivery) to ensure alignment with the work plan goals, Effective Vaccine Management Improvement Plan (EVM IP) including articulation of a well-defined action tracker for monitoring implementation.
3. Support the development of State Logistics Working Group (SLWG) Work Plans towards implementing the vaccine management standards and practices including bundling vaccines, maintaining stocks levels, preparing and following optimised distribution plans of vaccines, devices, and data tools for RI and SIAs, and ensuring cold chain functionality and maintenance in line with Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) standards.
(a) Review the temperature records of state cold stores and advocate for solving identified gaps such as ensuring timely repair and routine maintenance of cold chain equipment; backup generators are functional, adequate funds are provided to operate generator as required on a continued basis, and provide regular reports.
(b) Ensure that computerized temperature monitoring devices, provided to stores are functional and maintained, and Temperature Monitoring and Control (TMC) systems are adhered to.
(c) Facilitate the development of a State Action Plans for implementation of the Polio and other SIAs including MNCHWs in the target States and support their implementation
(d) Facilitate tracking progress of implementation of the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) improvement plans at state, LGA, and health facility levels by the SLWG.
4. Facilitate conduct of cold chain inventory and development of cold chain planning, including CCEOP implementation in the state of assignment.
5. Facilitate the rollout of open LMIS and Thrive 360 in the state of assignment, ensuring timely and quality reporting
6. Support last mile vaccine delivery to ensure availability of potent vaccines at the service points.
7. Serve as State technical advisors in cold chain management, delivery, and distribution of vaccines for polio eradication and routine immunisation programmes.
(a) Assist with the implementation of guidelines and norms regarding cold chain and safety of immunization services delivery.
(b) Support the State team in ensuring timely planning and disbursement of funds to LGAs
(c) Develop specific related vaccine security and logistics strategies for reaching the hard to reach, nomadic, and minority groups in the high risk within the State.
8. Transfer of competencies to State and LGA Cold Chain/Logistics Officers on VSL issues
(a) Support capacity building of government and partners in Immunization with special emphasis on VSL considering the lessons learned and new developments from the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) processes and New Vaccine Introduction
(b) Support capacity building of State cold chain officers on new cold chain equipment technologies, in light of GAVI CCE optimisation systems, for effective cold chain planning in respective states
(c) Assist State/LGAs in building cold chain and logistics equipment inventory and efficient equipment management systems, utilize same for needs assessment, and provide corrective trainings as the need arises
(d) Support states in conducting trainings, supportive supervisions in vaccine management & logistics, and cold chain maintenance
(e) Provide regular comprehensive bottleneck analysis of stock, cold chain operational status, and coverage (RI & SIA, including COVID-19) of states and support states in implementing innovative solutions on a monthly basis.
(f) Support the CCO & SIO to be conversant with the use of Navision and ensure completeness and accuracy of the data therein
9. Undertake supportive supervisory field visits to LGA and communities to assess progress, identify problems and propose remedial or alternative strategies or courses of actions to accelerate/improve quality of EPI delivery in the assigned State.
10. Carry out any other duties in support of our client led Health interventions as assigned by Supervisors or authority of our client Field Office.
1. Weekly stock validation and submission of the collated status of vaccine stocks on approved formats.
2. Weekly temperature monitoring reports, incidence management, and tracking of implementation of RTMD system.
3. Monthly RI and SIA (where applicable) vaccine utilisation/consumption and wastage rate tracking and reporting.
4. Quarterly cold chain inventory status update and submission of updated IRP tool.
5. Quarterly submission of state heat map for supervisory/targeted/standalone EVMA and CIP updates.
6. Consultant must submit a detailed work plan to his/her supervisor at the beginning of the contract period for the entire contract period.
7. Supervisors will have the flexibility to review with the Consultant as needed on a monthly or quarterly basis.
8. A monthly progress report should be provided by each Consultant to their supervisor for payment of consultants fees.
9. A detailed assignment report will be required at the end of the current contract period.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan, and coordinate logistics activities as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Good analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to monitor progress, collect and analyze data, effect corrections, and prepare reports.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on the CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using this link: