Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated $25-50 million USAID-funded Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Working under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (COP) – Technical and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist will lead activities related leading and monitoring the integration of gender, youth and vulnerable populations concerns throughout the Activity.
* Provides analytical and programmatic guidance to project team to promote an equitable impact of all Activity undertakings.
* Assumes a lead role in articulating and advocating the strategic importance of gender issues and promoting these concepts within the target activities and geographies.
* Develops a GYSI strategy and provides technical assistance to program staff on its implementation.
* A graduate degree in International Development or related field required.
* Minimum of six years of experience in international development operations.
* Experience in gender mainstreaming, youth engagement, and social inclusion, preferably in the context of WASH.
* Experience working with USAID and other large international donors
* Experience in East Africa and Ethiopia required.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Amharic.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/UWASHGYSI
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.