Fixed term | 6 Months | April 2023
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
You will be in charge of
The Project Officer ensures the implementation of project activities and prepares written materials and progress reports on field activities. He/she contributes to effective and timely completion of the activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. He/she reports directly to the Project Manager and works closely with the field team.
- Project Planning;
- Project Implementation Follow-up;
- Documenting and Compliance;
- Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability;
- Internal Coordination;
- External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement;
- Partner Management;
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.);
- Ensure that staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans;
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for activities and submit to the PM
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of activities.
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures by project staff;
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for activities.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Experience working in a volatile environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage Strong analytical capacity;
- Significant experience in finance and logistics Computer knowledge is a must (Excel, Word etc.);
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Salary between 1900 and 2100€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: PO Multi/HOA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.