- Full Time
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
Since 1944, Heifer International has helped more than 36 million families lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily, educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene, and other essential resource. When many families gain this new sustainable income, it brings new opportunities for building schools, creating agricultural cooperatives, forming community savings, and funding small businesses.
Heifer Senegal’s contribution to the Global 10 million households target is to help 200,000 of Heifer Africa’s 6.745 million households achieve sustainable living income by 2030. Heifer Senegal envisions a country where people are self-reliant and live in harmony within a healthy natural environment enabling them to earn a living income, and to enhance nutrition through integrated pro-poor wealth creating value chains. Heifer Senegal is shifting from traditional production, linking production to markets and for nutrition. In the next ten years, the country program seeks to build it market focus, strengthen production for nutrition, reinforced social capital and improve partnership.
It is for these reasons Heifer Senegal is looking for a dynamic, flexible and results focused People Business Partner to fill the role of Country People (HR) Manager. The position holder will support Heifer’s strategic objectives by managing the People Function in the country office of Senegal as well as contributing to the Africa People Strategy via a matrix management structure.
Are you excited to join the diverse and passionate team and help save lives and increase sustainable living Income to small holder farmers?
Reporting Directly to the Heifer Senegal Country Director with a matrix reporting relationship to the Africa People Director, the position holder, will actively engage in business strategy development and contextualisation, assist business and senior management to identify the emerging people issues, and support organizational change processes as well as broker HR solutions for country programmatic impact. The role will further, develop and coordinate the implementation of the people strategy for Heifer Nigeria in line with the business strategy and the group people strategy.
The role will foster a customer service culture, coordinate with external and internal customers of the HR function and deliver HR services as per the expected standards. Therefore, the role will also provide operational leadership in the areas of performance management, talent management, recruitment, reward, health and safety, learning and development, organizational development, and HR business processes.
You will be a university graduate with significant HR training and 8-10 years experience, 5 of which will be in managing HR function in a dynamic organization. To meet the diverse needs of this role, you will have a strong strategic HR operation, customer service orientation; flexibility, ability to prioritize competing demands, good project management, and interpersonal skills backed with the ability to work within a team, and autonomously. You will have good computer skills and previous experience in developing teams and working with senior leaders. Knowledge of legal employment obligations in line with the national labor law will be an added advantage. Experience working in an International/Multinational private sector, NGO, and/or governmental environment will be an added advantage.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager provides key coordination in daily HR operations and services for the country office, as well as a wide range of both human resources and administrative support services to the country teams, efficient HR service delivery that includes among others; maintenance of company HRIS, employee relations and engagement and a Total Reward system (Compensation, Benefits, and Recognition).
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for ensuring that HR service delivery issues are resolved or escalated. This position manages all HR transactional activities and supports the implementation of key Regional HR initiatives in Recruitment, Talent Management, Performance, Learning & Culture.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Manages complexity, cultivates innovation, action oriented, plans and aligns, drives results, collaborates, builds effective teams, drives engagement, instills trust, demonstrates self-awareness, and situational adaptability.
A. RECRUITMENT (25%)**
- Ensures offer letters are prepared and advices all prospective candidates accordingly.
- Manages reference and medical checks.
- Assist with the orientations/induction programs and review feedback report with the Talent Management Team.
- Manages probationary period and confirmation.
- Responsible for all operational procedures and registration of new employees.
B. PAYROLL ADMINISTRATION (25%)
- Processes accurate and timely payroll for remittance of data to bank through accounts payable.
- Executes payroll accounting and reconciliation.
- Delivers payroll services by managing payroll personnel.
- Generates monthly reports and SLAs for payroll.
- Monitors payroll processes to meet legal and statutory compliance requirements.
- Provides payroll KPI reports and data as required.
- Manages processing of statutory deductions and remittance of data to finance payments to institutions and retirees.
- Inputs to payroll systems against new compensation cycle, new collective bargaining agreement (if applicable), Time and Attendance data/payment related calculations for payroll accuracy.
- Processes statutory deductions report and remit to finance for pay-outs i.e., tax, National Social Security, Pension, Co-operatives, etc.
- Provides ad-hoc data and supplementary reports as required from time to time.
- Manages employees’ expectations and payroll queries.
C. WORKFORCE ADMINISTRATION (25%)
- Provides customer service – Employee Queries, References and Statements through company HRIS.
- Administers all HR processes related to the employee life cycle (e.g., promotion, relocating, resignation etc.) whilst being custodian of HR policy and ensuring compliance.
- Ensures data and related information integrity and confidentiality.
- Keeps custody of HR policies, processes (process maps) and other legal documents.
- Maintains IR related files and information by updating files with changes i.e., employee files, case files, collective bargaining files.
- Provides records and information data during negotiation meetings, court cases, management meetings etc.
- Monitors scheduled absences such as leave as described in the policy document.
- Ensure that disciplinary measures are in line with company policy.
D. EMPLOYEE RELATIONS (20%)
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the Company about employee relations.
- Partners with the country leadership team to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, to all employees.
- Partners with the Africa HRBP and Communications Team in implementing employee engagement activities necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote employee engagement.
- Serves on the Company’s Disciplinary or Grievance committees as required, to assist in the resolution of employee complaints or concerns.
D. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- A minimum of eight (8) years post graduate experience in Human Resource preferably in an administrative role.
- Communication planning and change management
- Experience with outsourcing management or managing services delivery
- Experience building and managing provider
- Relevant HR Professional Certification is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years in a managerial position in HR.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Strong English language skills – both oral and verbal communication.
- Human Resource management.
- Service Provider Management.
- An understanding of relevant legislation, procedures, and policies.
- Organizational awareness.
- Coaching & Mentoring skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Excellent writing skills, with strong proofreading, concept synthesis, and concept articulation abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with limited supervision.
How to apply
Please submit your application here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/heifer/job/o7VXgfwZ