This is a short-term consultancy. We are seeking qualified Malaria Experts to participate in the audits of programs in Gambia, Senegal and Mauritania. The selected experts will assist in the audit planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting phases of the audit. The experts must be fluent in local languages and reside in implementing countries during the audit period.
This engagement is expected to take place from 25th September 2023 to 27th October 2023. These dates are subject to change.
- Review the draft audit programs and provide feedback on the approach to the audit.
- Conduct interviews with relevant staff of the implementers and in-country stakeholders.
- Collect and review relevant documents and information related to the Malaria programs.
- Execute quantitative data analysis, visualization, and interpretation to provide supporting evidence for findings and triangulate qualitative data points.
- Utilize data analysis tools and methodologies to assess program performance, identify trends, and draw evidence-based conclusions.
- Conduct fieldwork at central and regional levels and selected program sites (if applicable).
- Prepare working papers and summaries of observations for each work team.
- Prepare relevant presentation sections for fact-checking and debriefs with in-country stakeholders.
- Participate in debriefing meetings with the grant recipients and other stakeholders in the country.
- Engage in debriefing meetings with the Secretariat staff managing the country portfolio.
- Prepare the draft report for inclusion in the final report.
- Expertise in malaria programs and public health in Gambia, Senegal or Mauritania.
- Relevant contextual experience in carrying out related audits in targeted countries while understanding the local government structures will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the local languages, both written and spoken (e.g. Wolof, French, English and Arabic- as applicable to the different countries).
- Experience in conducting program audits or assessments.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Familiarity with the operations of the audit programs is a plus.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV, a cover letter, daily rate in US Dollars ($), and contact information for at least two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the job title and the country of interest as the subject line of your email, e.g. “Malaria Expert for Audit in Gambia”
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.