- Full Time
Objectives AIFO Liberia is looking to hire an M&E officer for its office in Monrovia. The objectives of the position are to manage the monitoring activities of ongoing projects, as well as to set up an M&E structure for the organization. The M&E officer will start work in September 2022. Candidates are encouraged to send their CV and cover letter before the 8th of July (23:59).
Main Responsibilities Specific duties: Setting up AIFO M&E system:
- Assist in the revision of projects log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Develop the project’s overall M&E framework, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data, methods of collecting data, and the degree to which data will provide statistical indicators for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer based support that may be required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
Required / Recommended Qualifications
- College or University Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics, Business studies, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the development sector
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with M&E activities
- Good command of Microsoft Excel and Pivot Tables
- Good command of survey design software (preferably Kobo Toolbox)
- Ability to set up a cloud-based data management structure.
- Availability to travel to project locations when necessary
How to apply
To apply, send your CV, a cover letter detailing how you meet the job specification and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject of the email: AIFO Liberia M&E Officer No- 21S/2022_QR2_CAD-L
- In your CV, please highlight the sections that are most relevant to the position you are applying for, especially with regard to (a) educational background (b) work experience,(c) relevant skills, and (d) references.
- In your cover letter, explain (a) your motivation for working with AIFO, (b) your professional history, (c) your skills and qualifications with respect to M&E, and (d) what you think you could contribute to AIFO’s organization.
We apologize in advance, but only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. The selection respects the principles of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).