iMMAP is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP started a new project in 2022 aiming at providing IM support through different activities that, together, will improve the understanding of humanitarian needs and the monitoring and coordination of the humanitarian response in Mali.
Through this project, iMMAP deploys specific human resources to key IM nodes under OCHA’s responsibility and plans to create an IMST to respond to the IM-specific needs of humanitarian actors. In addition, iMMAP produces humanitarian situation reports through secondary data review (SDR). The reports will focus on different areas that are crisis affected or on other sectors depending on communicated needs by humanitarian partners. These reports participate in the overall monitoring of the humanitarian situation and needs.
For this project, iMMAP is looking for a Technical Advisor based in Mali for its project extension. This position still depends on funding confirmation and will report to the Country Representative**.**
- Assist the country representative in implementing the technical components of the projects
- Develop technical SOPs, templates, and tools as required for the project implementation
- Provide technical support to the iMMAP national team deployed to OCHA in regions
- Provide support to the Country Representative on global project management:
- Ensure objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken
- Develop an implementation strategy that is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Plan the mobilization of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan covering the time frame, including resource needs analysis.
- Support program implementation as needed, including developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programs.
- Develop programming through identifying new opportunities, and writing project concept papers, proposals, and budgets for iMMAP using best practices in coordination with appropriate program units.
- Oversee the preparation of visual presentations on IMMAP performance and activities for presentation to stakeholders;
- Ensure the highest quality standard in all products and services delivered by iMMAP to its partners; and
- Document all decisions and actions during program implementation.
- Any other technical support as requested by the Country Representative.
- Ensure project monitoring and evaluation
- Staff Management
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
- Ensure that staff receives appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Assist the Country Representative during meetings with external stakeholders.
- Participate and represent iMMAP in cluster meetings and/or the IM working group.
- Provide information about iMMAP’s activities, discuss and negotiate partnership and support possibilities as guided by the Country Representative.
- National capacity building / Training – specific
- Mentor iMMAP national staff to build capacity to include but not be limited to:
- GIS and data management
- Geospatial analysis and data analysis
- Training and Capacity Building
- Conduct training needs assessments to establish priority needs and gaps.
- Review, design, and improve capacity-building curricula and materials in collaboration with the IMST Manager.
- Planning and scheduling of capacity-building activities.
- Organize and deliver/co-facilitate core and advanced capacity-building activities consistent with the needs of the humanitarian partners and project staff.
- Develop or identify training content and supporting reference resources such as presentations, practical exercises, and handouts to facilitate learning.
- Oversee the conduct of baseline, midline, and end-line training evaluations for feedback to the donor and beneficiaries, address challenges to effective learning, and document and share lessons learned.
- Liaise with other iMMAP capacity-building programs and ensure consistency and standardization of activities and materials where possible, and drive the optimization of capacity-building activities and content delivery.
- Facilitate staff’s ability to use existing and emerging technologies to achieve the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Provide mentorship and support within the scope of iMMAP’s capacity-building plan.
- Any other duties as required.
- Information and Communication
- Support iMMAP’s overall information, communication, and reporting function about the humanitarian information support in Mali.
- Draft success stories for inclusion in iMMAP’s reports, newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Ensure compliance with approved branding, marking, and co-branding requirements with iMMAP’s donors and partners as per the relevant policies.
- Graduate of an Institute or University in Information Technology, Information Management, Computer Sciences, or other related fields.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian information management, GIS, database management/Administration (familiarity with PHP, HTML or any other programming language), data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- In-depth knowledge of database and GIS software, and computer networks, good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Understanding of the UN cluster/sector system and how it operates.
- Experience in humanitarian, crisis recovery, and resilience aspects is highly desirable.
- Experience in solution development using the Esri solution stack, open-source GIS and IM tools, and programming/scripting languages such as Python and R, is highly desirable.
- An appreciation of considerations in designing training content focused on the needs of adult learners.
- Progressively responsible experience in designing needs assessments, data management, mapping and visualization, coaching, and training.
- Relevant experience in donor and partnership relationships, and representation with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders.
- Previous experience in proposals and reports writing in the humanitarian sector;
- Understanding data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Possess advanced skills in MS-Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL, or Web design.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
Fluent communication in French is required, and English is an asset.
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, and NGOs working with community projects and agencies involved in mine-action.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Adobe In Design and Illustrator
- PHP and HTML
- GIS systems and supporting software ESRI ArcMap10.2
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Interrested by this offer? Please apply through : https://careers.immap.org/jobs/926/