Best international NGOs and development agencies recruiting in Africa
Africa is home to some of the world’s most pressing issues, ranging from poverty to disease outbreaks, environmental degradation, and more. Fortunately, there are several international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that are committed to making a significant difference in the lives of Africans. In this article, we’ve curated a list of the best international NGOs hiring in Africa right now. Whether you’re a seasoned aid worker or just starting in the field, we’re confident that you’ll find a role that aligns with your values and passions.
International NGOs: Top Picks for African Job Seekers
If you’re keen on working with an international NGO, then you’re in luck. Here are some of our top picks that are currently recruiting in Africa:
- Doctors Without Borders (MSF): This NGO provides emergency medical care to people affected by conflict, disasters, epidemics, and more. MSF operates in several African countries, including Nigeria, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Save the Children: Save the Children works to ensure that children survive, learn, and are protected from harm in Africa and other parts of the world. They have ongoing programs in Ethiopia, Somalia, and Uganda, among others.
- Oxfam International: Oxfam is a global organization that strives to find sustainable solutions to poverty, inequality, and injustice. They operate in over 90 countries worldwide, including several African nations such as Mali, Zimbabwe, and Kenya.
Fulfill Your Passion for Helping Others: Best NGOs and development agencies in Africa
If you’re looking for an NGO that works solely in Africa, then here are some of the best ones to consider:
- African Wildlife Foundation (AWF): AWF is committed to protecting Africa’s wildlife and wild lands. They work with local communities, governments, and other partners to create sustainable solutions that benefit both people and wildlife.
- African Development Bank (AfDB): AfDB is a regional multilateral development finance institution that aims to promote economic and social development in Africa. They work with governments, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to invest in key sectors such as energy, agriculture, and infrastructure.
- Plan International: Plan International is a children’s rights organization that works in several African countries to ensure that children have access to education, healthcare, and protection from violence and exploitation.
Join the Best International Organizations Helping Africa
Working for an international organization can be a life-changing experience. Here are some more NGOs that are making a significant difference in Africa:
- CARE International: CARE works to empower women and girls in Africa and other parts of the world to overcome poverty, discrimination, and violence. They have several programs in countries such as Zimbabwe, Somalia, and Ethiopia.
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): The IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and other displaced persons in Africa and other parts of the world. They work in countries such as South Sudan, Ethiopia, and Niger.
- World Vision International: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization that works in several African countries to promote child well-being, healthcare, and education. They have ongoing programs in countries such as Sierra Leone, Mozambique, and Zambia.
Make a Difference: International NGOs Hiring in Africa Now!
If you’re passionate about making a difference in Africa, then we encourage you to check out these NGOs that are currently recruiting:
- ActionAid International: ActionAid works to promote social justice and gender equality in Africa and other parts of the world. They have several ongoing programs in countries such as Malawi, Liberia, and Zambia.
- International Medical Corps (IMC): IMC provides lifesaving healthcare and training to people affected by conflict, disaster, and poverty in Africa and other parts of the world. They work in countries such as Somalia, South Sudan, and Nigeria.
- Mercy Corps: Mercy Corps works to alleviate suffering, poverty, and oppression in Africa and other parts of the world. They have ongoing programs in countries such as Niger, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Ethiopia.
There are several international NGOs hiring in Africa right now, and we hope that this article has given you some inspiration to pursue a career in the aid sector. Whether you’re interested in healthcare, education, wildlife conservation, or social justice, there’s an NGO out there that aligns with your values and passions. So don’t hesitate to apply for a job or internship today and start making an impact in Africa!
Many international NGOs recruit talents on Kaleta. Keep posted and browse hundreds of openings every month on the leading African job board.